Sunday, August 24, 2008

Canada Post
You told me it was the post man
And you knew because of the colours
And the symbol

You know I think you're smart
And I'm not just saying that
Because you're mine. You are.

And when you get older you better use it for good.

Fields of flowers, yellow and green
Blue skies and
The smile on your face

That matches your hair
It blows in the wind
Through the golden air

The stars are in the sky
And you've closed your eyes
Goodnight.


First Day of Summer
I only had one day of Summer this year. The rest of the season was spent inside under blankets watching rain through the window.

That one day, it was fine, and we drank a lot of wine, you and I. The sun was still shining even though it was pouring outside.

We stumbled through the city, the sky bright. We were drunk before 5. Sobered up with coffee so we could get in the car, out of the city and drive.

On the outskirts of town we stopped on the side of the road and we sat. The things that you told me, the things that I told you, can't take it back.

Now I walk down the street with my hands by my sides. I have nothing to hold on to, and maybe I don't try. So, my shoes make a solitary sound as I walk down the block wishing I had the summer back.

No comments: